TwoTexasEggs.blogspot.com

Passion is love and anger combined. Seize truth, and trust others will seize it in your absence.

Cultivated mind is the guardian genius of democracy.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Texas State Cemetery

I spent most of yesterday doing practice problems for my classes, so I was itching to get out by the end of the night.

Luckily a friend called and we arranged to meet at Rio Rita's. It was actually our first time to meet in person, but I had it all planned out to greet him casually and warmly as if we knew each other from ages ago.

I tried one of the famous Bloody Mary's with the oh-so-many hidden vegetable delights. For the 40 minutes we were allowed inside, we sat comfortably and discussed this and that about this and that.

I felt so pleasantly served and compelled to return the token. I pulled a pocket Constitution out of my purse and placed it on the end table in the SE corner of the room, adjacent to the glow of the Jesus candle.

Perfect.


However, outside in the dark night, I was eager to walk around. Luckily I had a pair of boots in the trunk of the car and I took off my heels.

My new comrade was getting a laugh out of all of this.

We scuttled up the hill toward the State Cemetery. Now, I wanted to walk to the Oakwood, but I forgot it was so many blocks away. I rather wanted to hurry to the nearest cemetery. I walked right up to the little fence and thought for a split-second of jumping inside. And so I let the flute take over.

I played a sweet tune for the graves.

"Would you like to walk over to the big Texas flag?" my friend asked.

"Yes," I said as I hopped a few feet back to the curb of the street.

The Texas State Flag was standing alone high above us thumping in the chilly wind and taking a real beating. It could be heard for many blocks away, and bright search lights from below illuminate every jostling thread.

Somewhere hidden in the trees, the moon gently sat on the clouds in the shape of a collecting bowl (or an offering bowl, I can't decide).

The closer we got, the more I couldn't take my eyes off the red, white, and blue. I can only assume my comrade was there behind me as I walked in a trance.

When we got close enough under it, we just stood there watching the enormous flag wave this way and that.




"What do you see when you look at that flag?" my friend asked.

"I see the air hitting the blue star at the head of the flag, and I see the wind split over each face of the flag and dance with the cloth from either side as the particles attempt to find equilibrium. I see a material floating in the dense air of the atmosphere. I see the waves and ripples in the sheet between the spaces.


...


Some would say it's proof of God's design and master plan.

Others might say it's Universal Law.


...


And yet others wouldn't attempt to label it at all."

We stood in silence.

Until the little wooden flute decided to play once more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visit GET EDUCATED

Visit Fighting Tyranny Social Network 7.0 (FTSN)

Visit Country Roads

Visit End The Fed Network

Visit Powerful Intentions: Law of Attraction Community

Visit Friends Of Slow Money